Hello Team 4293,
A reminder to everyone that this Saturday, October 25, we will be having a meeting at the shop from 9am-2pm at the shop. Students please bring a lunch and be prepared to get down to work! We have just 2 short months until the Kickoff!
Hello Team 4293,
A friendly reminder that there will be a meeting tomorrow, October 11th, from 9am to 2pm. Please bring a lunch, as we won't have one provided.
Also, the FRC season is coming up in just 2 months! Is everybody ready for another awesome year of robotics? Lets keep working and get prepared!
Hello Team 4293!
As many of you may have heard from Ryan's email, there will be a CAD (computer aided design) class on Saturday, October 4th from 9am-noon. The goal of this class is to begin familiarizing students with Creo, the CAD software we will be using extensively throughout the build season. We don't yet know which room the class will be in, but we'll update you as soon as we know. If you are interested please:
1) Reply to me telling me that you are interested in attending a CAD course and your preferred email address for a WindChill account.
2) Confirm that Saturday, 10/4, 9am to noon works for you at the Highlands Ranch Library OR if you can’t make that, let me know an alternative day, time and location - I will do my best to accommodate but no guarantees.
3) Download and install PTC CREO according to the instructions below BEFORE coming to the training class (and test it!) - note that you’ll need a machine running Windows.
4) If you have any problems setting up the software let me know by Thursday evening, October 4 so I can meet with you or talk you through it. Include a phone number in your email, please.
5) Bring a power adapter and a scroll-wheel mouse with you on Saturday.
Creo Download Instructions (From PTC):
Please follow the steps below in order to install Creo 2.0 with a Single Seat license (client machine):
Installing Creo on the client machine:
1. Please login to the Creo 2.0 Academic Edition download page: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academic.jsp:
a. You will need a PTC web account. If you don’t already have an account on www.ptc.com create one here:
2. Click the check box to accept the Export Agreement next to the appropriate language, then click Continue
3. Download the necessary Creo 2.0 software
a. For the installation of Creo 2.0 Parametric, Direct, Layout, and Simulate there are 2 options:
i. Win 32-64 DVD (4255 MB) which is a zip file DVD image that must be extracted before running setup.exe
ii. Install from web (27 MB) which requires an active internet connection as all files are downloaded during the installation process
b. The Creo 2.0 Academic Edition also provides licenses for Creo Illustrate and Creo View which are downloadable as zip file DVD images that must be extracted before running setup.exe
c. The downloads for other software are provided for users who have registered for those products and licenses are not included with this package
d. Please submit a support form if you have any problems with the installation process.
4. Start setup.exe or the Install from Web on your machine by right-clicking the and selecting Run as Administrator from the menu
5. Select Install New Software
6. Accept License agreement
7. Enter the following product code BH390305ED6973-MMTB-HPTJ in the product code field and click the Install Licensing button
a. License will be downloaded and if successful Status will show as Available under the License Summary section
8. Click Next to continue
9. Deselect MKS
10. Click Install
11. Once installed, use Windows explorer to view the folder:
C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M010\creo_standards
12. Double click on the file configure.bat and follow the instructions to configure Creo for the drawing standard and units of measurements you require. Schools in the UK should choose option 4.
13. Double click on the file plms4schools.bat to configure Creo Learning Connector for schools.
14. You can now use Creo 2.0
Directions to the Highlands Ranch Library:
The library's address is 9292 Ridgeline Blvd. Click here for directions.
Grayson Gerlich is a senior on the team and our webmaster. He also manages outreach content and team graphics.